Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Teresa Donates RM10K To Puchong Mosque

Seputeh MP Teresa Kok has donated RM10,000 to a Puchong mosque to buy new speakers and make some renovations.

She said the donation to her constituency was made in conjunction with the Maulidur Rasul for the Muslim community.

Kok, who is Kinrara state assemblyman, said she had also donated a total of RM5,000 to an Islamic kindergarten and religious school in Puchong.

Last year, she was accused of asking a mosque in Bandar Kinrara to turn down the volume of its azan call which led to her being detained for a week under the Internal Security Act (ISA).

“I wanted to thank the Muslims in my constituency who supported me and prayed for me and the other ISA detainees,” she said, adding that her imprisonment had opened the eyes of many against the abuse of the ISA.

At the same time, she said she served her constituency regardless of race and religion despite having many accusations made against her as being anti-Islam.

“I hope my gesture of friendliness to the Muslim community can stop the lies and false accusations thrown at me by my political enemies.”

“Without the Malay votes in our areas, (Puchong MP) Gobind Singh Deo and I would have lost in the 2008 general elections,” she said.
Source: The Star

No comments: